- Mark section 5.2 and 5.3 worksheets.
- Finish Law of Reflection Assessment. If you need more time to finish the assessment, you can come Tuesday after school, or during Flex on Thurs and Friday next week. After that, the assessment is finished.
- Quick review of what we covered last class.
- I will be able to do problem solving involving Ksp. See block 1 notes here: Ksp Study Guide block 1 day 2 (ignore any other pages I did not print out for you)
- Next week: we will do review of Ksp and begin Unit IV.
- Ksp test: Monday, Feb. 10.
- Hand back assignments and tests. Come after school or during Flex to go over your test in more detail or to do corrections.
- Intro to Ch5 – see blank notes here: Ch5 Thermochemistry blank notes. See block 7 notes here: Ch5 Thermochemistry block 7 notes
- Ch5 learning outcomes: ch5 learning outcomes
- Ch5 Study guide: NMSI Thermochemistry Study Guide
- Quick review of what we have covered in Unit 3.
- I will be able to calculate the Ksp and concentration of different solutions and ions in the solution.
- See block 1 notes here: Ksp Study Guide block 1 day 1. Finish the other practice questions that we left out.
- Read Unit III sections 6 and 7 and do some of the practice questions.
- Go over Unit III test (sections 1-5)- do your test corrections. You can come after school, during Flex, or during your spare block.
- Heads up! Ksp test will either be end of next week or beginning of the week after. We will be picking up the pace of the course a bit, so please keep up!
- Science fair debriefing and self/group reflection.
- Finish section 5.2 and 5.3 worksheets for Friday.
- If time, continue with the Law of Reflection Assessment activity.
- Today, students presented their science fair projects.
- Hand in to me: science fair reports and journals.
- Make sure you have completed all the assignments on your progress report. Come in after school, finish them at home, and come in during Flext time.
- Today, students judged junior science fair projects.
- Make sure you are up to date with all your assignments! They were due last week (past due!)
- Come after school for tutorial support if you are having difficulties with mole and molarity calculations.
- Science Fair Peer Evaluations will be held on Thurs. Jan 23. This is a chance to practice your presentation and see what projects other students have come up with. Bring your poster board, report, and journal. If you do not want to bring your poster board, take a photo of it, so you can show it during your presentation. Bring your report and journal so you can refer to the information there.
If you are in my block 8 class, you will be presenting from 8:30-10am in the N.Caf.
If you are in my block 3 and 4 class, you will be presenting from 10:15-11:45ish in the N.Caf.
Use the feedback you get to make improvements to your project over the weekend. Continue to practice your oral presentations!
2. Science Fair Judging will take place on Monday, Jan 27 for block 3 and 4 during class and on Tuesday, Jan 28 for block 8. You can drop off your display boards at 8:30am in my classroom and set them up at the beginning of your class. You will hand in the report and journal at the end of class. You will store your display boards in class for 1-2 weeks and then will take them home.
- Mark section 5.2 worksheet pages and hand in.
- Today, students had time to complete the Law of Reflection Assessment
- Work on your science fair report and organize what you need to do this week to complete your project.
Tuesday Jan 21 – Goal Day
8:30-11:30am focus on Science 8 – you can complete assignments for term 2, work on your projects, etc…
12:30-2:30pm open classroom – you can complete assignments for term 2, work on your projects, etc…. Between 12:30-1:45pm, the gr11s and 12s will be writing tests in my classroom, so you will need to work quietly during that time.
Thursday Jan 23 – Science Fair Peer Evaluation in the N.Caf.- Bring display boards or picture of it, reports, journals. You will need to find a classroom to store your equipment until you are ready to take it home. Since I am in the N.Ca
My block 8 class will be presenting from 8:30-about 10am.
My block 3 and 4 classes will be presenting from 10:15am to 11:45am.
- Hand in ch4 Notes and review worksheet.
- Today, students wrote the ch4 test.
- Tuesday, Jan 21 – Goal Day – students who have already completed their test corrections and have spoken to me can come at 12:30pm to write their retest (or at the time you already scheduled with me). Any assignments since the beginning of Term 2 are due by Goal Day.
- Thurs. Jan 23 – volunteers to mentor the gr8s with their science fair projects can meet at the N.Cafeteria from 8:30-10ish and from 10:30 to 11:45ish.
- Tues. Jan.28 – the class will be judging science fair projects. Bring a calculator to help total the scores! Think about who you would like to pair up with AND/OR if you are confident to judge projects on your own, then you can let me know.