- Go over section 4.1 worksheet answers and hand in.
- I will be able to explain how the energy and wavelength of a wave is related using the electromagnetic spectrum.
4. Finish section 4.2 notes and sec.4.2 worksheet pages.
5. Start reading section 4.3 and start section 4.3 worksheet pages.
6. Start your science fair projects! Get your equipment and get started!!
- Review: Parts of a Wave
3. Finish section 4.1 notes and section 4.1 worksheet questions.
4. Demo: Light and Colour – I will be able to explain how we see colour and how the colours of light mix together to make primary and secondary colours of light
5. Read section 4.2 and do the worksheet pages for section 4.2
- Go over Q #6 and 8 on conductivity of compounds.
3. I will be able to predict the solubility of a compound.
4. Read sections 4.1-4.3 and take notes.
5. Do: Prelab 16D for next class. See copy here: Prelab 16D with reagents
- Video for review:
2. Today, students wrote a test for section 2.2 and 2.4
3. HW: Work on your science fair projects. Some questions to think about:
Q: What do I do next? (ie. background research? look for equipment? shopping for supplies? etc…)
Q: What equipment do I need? Do I want/need to borrow equipment from the school? If you do, then bring me a detailed list. (Ex. not “beaker” but be more specific: 3 250mL beakers)
Q: What are the steps (procedure) for my experiment?