2. I will be able to identify geological processes in and around BC.
3. I will be able to explain what items would be needed in an emergency kit, be able to assemble one at home, and come up with an emergency plan.
4. Read section 4.4 and do the worksheet questions for section 4.4.
5. Next class: review of Unit 4
6. Unit 4 test on Earth Science on Thurs. June 6.
- Go over sec4.3 HW questions on Earthquakes.
- We looked at pictures of the ring of fire and watched some videos:
3. I will be able to explain how volcanoes form. I will be able to explain what happens when oceanic and continental crusts collide and when continental-continental crusts collide.
4. Read the rest of section 4.3 and do p.165-167 on Volcanoes.
If you have lost or forgotten your worksheet pages for the Earth Science Unit, you can see/print them here: Earth Science worksheet pages
- Review of Plate Tectonics
- Go over section 4.2 Worksheet questions.
- I will be able to explain how earthquakes form and explain how/why earthquakes are so common where we live in BC.
5. Read section 4.3 and do pages in the section 4.3 worksheets on Earthquakes, pages 163-164.
- Go over section 4.1 worksheet answers.
- Video: Plate Tectonics
3. Demo: How Earthquakes Occur
4. Read section 4.2 and do the worksheet pages for section 4.2. Continue to take notes for section 4.2 as part of your study notes for this chapter.