- Go over section 2.4 worksheet
3. Do: Worksheet “What is Matter?”
4. Assessment for section 2.4 on Tuesday (next class)
- Videos – review of the History of the Atom
Video: How Small is the Atom?
2. I will be able to explain how the atom is made of protons, neutrons, and electrons. I will be able to explain how the subatomic particles are made of quarks and leptons.
3. Finish your speech bubble notes and the Worksheet. If you need extra time to finish it, you can come after school to use the textbooks or you can take a photo of the pages you still need.
4. Next class: we will mark the worksheet and complete Worksheet #2
5. Next week: Section 2.4 assessment – you will be allowed to use your notes and worksheet that are in your binder!
6. In the meantime, continue working on your science fair projects.
- Video: The Strengths and Weakness of Acids and Based (Ted Ed)
2. Lab 20B Quiz
3. Any Q’s from the WS on pH, pOH and Kw?
4. Practice Quiz on pH, pOH, and Kw: pH Practice Quiz
3. Video: pH and pOH
- Video Review:
2. Lab 20B Discussion – ask questions! Be able to analyze data, write equations, and rank the acids from strongest to weakest.
3. Lab 20B Quiz next class.
4. I will be able to apply Kw to calculate the pH and pOH of a solution. See block 8 notes here: Equilibrium of Water
5. Do: Worksheet pH-pOH Worksheet. See answer key here: pH Intro Basic Math answer key