Electron configuration quiZ #2!
Review: Attraction and Repulsion and how they determine the periodic trends.
A great book about the elements of the periodic table:
Read ch7 and identify the trends. Make cue card notes for this chapter.
The Key to Periodic Trends (and all of chemistry) Do: Lab 11A (group lab)
Ch6 Test next class.
Teacher demo of how to do a titration. If you forgot how, you can watch this video:
2. Do: Titration Worksheet #2,3,6,9,11,12. Show your work!
Titration Worksheet #2_typed
3. Finish Lab 20C prelab for next class.
4. pH test corrections.
Quiz – Electron configurations
2. An interesting video from MIT (be a student for about 1 hr!) tying in electron configurations to periodic trends:
3. Go over ch6 Review WS and do corrections. Finish ch6 notes.
Ch6 Review Worksheet Answers
4. Ch6 Test – Wed. next week
5. I will be able to use the principles of attraction and repulsion (the key to chemistry!) to explain periodic trends. For this chapter, I would like you to make cue card notes.
Block 3 – Oops! Error on the Fizz Quiz! Mn2+ should remove the valence electrons first!!
Video: Dr. Quantum’s Double Slit Experiment
3. Finish ch6 Review WS, mark it, and do corrections. Answers to the Electron Configuration Practice Worksheet, see this website: http://www.sd308.org/cms/lib8/IL01906463/Centricity/Domain/2236/Electron_Config_homework_combined.pdf
4. Next class: Quiz on electron configurations
5. Ch6 Test next week on Wed.
Go over pH quiz and do corrections
Sample “lab” question. See class discussion here:
Blk 1 Lab 20B Sample question Prep Lab 20C (Part 1 only)
Wed Feb 24 – last day to hand in assignments for term 2
Thurs. Feb 25 – Mid-Unit Test (sections 1-11)
Outline of test:
Major topics: properties of acids and bases; Arrhenius and Bronsted-Lowry acids and bases; congjugate acid-base pairs; strengths of acids and bases; which side is favored; pH, pOH, Kw, [H3O+], [OH-]
format: about 40mc questions (bring a pencil and sci calculator!)
written section: a question based on Lab 20B.
Hand in the Onion Cell lab (and any other assignments!)
Go over Cell Analogy WS (the cell is like a city….)
Finish Ch1 workbook questions and go over at the end of class
make a “study sheet” that is 8.5″X5.5″ double sided OR 8.5″X11″single sided that you will be allowed to use for the last 15 minutes of your test.
Ch1 test on Wed. Term 2 assignments due!
WED morning – 8:30-10am you can come in for tutorial help, finish labs, study, etc….