1. Hand in chapter 20 Notes and ch20 Review Worksheet (marked, corrected, reflection)
2. Ch20 Test (yes, your last one for high school!)
bring study materials to review (ie. notes, study guides, etc.)
print out any study materials you think are useful (lots online!)
print out sample AP exams for practice
1. Quiz on Bohr Model and Quantum electron configurations.
2. I will be able to explain how the Periodic Table is organized.
3. I will be able to explain how the size of the atom and the ionization energy of an atom changes across the periodic table and down the periodic table. See class notes here:
The KeySecret to Periodic Trends (and all of chemistry)
4. Do: Worksheet “Coulombic Attraction”
11 Coulombic Attraction-S
5. Read sections 8.2 and 8.3 and add more information to your Column Notes.
6. Do: # 31-39, 45, 51, 53
1. Hand in Titration WS #2 if you didn’t last class.
2. Hand in Lab 20C
3. I will be able to use a primary standard to find the molar mass and Ka of an acid. See class notes here:
Other Things you can Use a Titration For
4. Prep Lab 20G , at least Parts 1 and 2 (but we will do Parts 1-4. We will do Part 5 if we have time) See lab manual pages here:
5. Do corrections for Ka test and hand in next class.
1. Mark, do corrections, reflect on the ch20 review worksheet. Answers were posted last class.
2. Sample AP Question: 2014 Free Response Q#3. You have 20 minutes to answer this question. How did you do?
1. Video: “Dr. Quantum”:
2. Mark Parts of the Atom WS and Quantum Mechanics #1 WS
3. I will be able to write full and core electron configurations for atoms and ions. See class scribblings here:
4. Begin Element Personal Ad Project
Element Personal Ad Project
some websites to start your research:
5. Quiz next class on drawing Bohr model diagrams and writing quantum electron configurations.
1. Hand in Titration Worksheet #2.
2. Do: Lab 20C. You want to have the volume of NaOH used to be withing +/- 0.10M. Take an average of the volume NaOH used. If the [NaOH] = 0.482M, what is the molarity of HCl? Show your work neatly and clearly. Lab is due next class.
1. Demo: Energy Stick – can you conduct electricity?
2. Demo: Electrolytic Cells
a. KI (aq) – one electrode turns phth pink, the other turns brown/yellow. Why?
b. ZnSO4(aq) – one electrode has bubbles, the other turns silver colored. Why?
c. electroplating a key or coin with copper
3. Finish the ch20 review worksheet and mark you answers at home. See answers here:
Ch20 review worksheetBring questions to next class!
4. Test on Friday!
1. I will be able to explain how the model of the atom changed from Rutherford’s Planetary Model to the current Quantum Model. See blk 6 class notes here:
From Bohr to the Quantum Model
2. Good website to visualize quantum orbitals: http://winter.group.shef.ac.uk/orbitron/
3. Do: Worksheet
Quantum Mechanics Worksheet 1
Finish Unit 8 Section 1
1. Do: Titration Worksheet #2 Questions 2,4,6,8,10
Titration Worksheet #2_typed
2. Prep Lab 20C by making a flow chart or summary of the procedure. If you do not have your prelab done, you cannot do the lab!