1. Keq Test
Check your Term 1 mark so far and let me know if there are any errors. If your mark for Term 1 is below 50%, see me for your I Report.
1. Hand in any homework and/or worksheets you did for Unit IV which shows what you have learned in the chapter.
2. Unit IV Test.
3. Do: Activity: “A Mole of Pennies”. If we had a mole of pennies, how heavy would it be? If we had a mole of pennies, how far into space would it reach?
4. Read and highlight Section 3.2 from BC Chem11 Workbook (an alternative resource): Handout: BC Science Chem 11 (Ch 3)
5. Read p.81-82 in your workbook and do Q # 8 and 9 (odd letters) and #10 (all).
Check your Term 1 mark so far and let me know if there are any errors. The Unit IV Test and Unit IV homework will be added to the list.
1. I will be able to identify Arrhenius, Bronsted-Lowry, and Lewis acids and bases.
2. Activity: What is the color of the indicator? (you can make a rainbow again!)
3. Do: Worksheet “Acids and Bases” 32 Acids and Bases-S
4. Begin reading and taking notes for sec. 16.1 and 16.2.
5. Do: Q# 1,3,7, 15-25 (odd numbers) in textbook
Check your Term 1 mark so far and let me know if there are any errors asap.
1. Keq Quiz and do corrections
2. Finish Keq questions. Look at sample Provincial Exam questions. Finish all the practice questions in your Workbook!
Keq Test next class.
1. Go over the Keq test and do corrections/reflection.
2. Do: Equilibrium #5 Worksheet and hand in next class.
1. Quiz #2 on Writing and Naming Compounds
2. I will be able to compare the relative mass of different objects.
I will be able to calculate the atomic and molar mass of an element or compound.
3. Activity: Weigh objects and compare their relative masses
4. Read sections V.1 and V.2
5. Do: Questions #1-7
Unit IV test next class. Hand in Unit IV homework from the Workbook and/or Worksheets next class.
1. Hand in Ch15 Notes and Ch15 Review Worksheet with corrections/reflection.
2. Keq Test
3. Hand in any assignments for Term 1 by Nov.20!
1. Writing and Naming Compounds (Quiz)
2. Practice! Practice! Practice! Finish Writing and Naming Compounds Worksheet and Workbook Questions.
3. I will be able to calculate the molar mass of an element or compound.
4. Read Section V.1 and V.2.
5. Do: Questions #1-7
1. Finish the Keq Sample Problems.
2. Do: Finish Keq Questions in your workbook #47-65. Try the even #s this time!
3. Keq Quiz next class.
4. Keq Test next week.
1. Finish Keq Sample Problem examples.
2. Mark ch15 review WS and do corrections/reflection. ch15 review worksheet answer key
Use the ch15 learning outcomes sheet to help guide your studying for the Keq test.
3. Ch15 Notes and Rev.WS due next class.
4. Keq test next class. It will cover the rest of ch15 and will all written. You must show your calculations neatly and clearly! Use RICE tables to organize what is happening during the equilibrium shift!
End of Term 1 – Thurs. Nov. 20. All assignments for Term 1 should be handed in by then!