1. Keq Test
Check your Term 1 mark so far and let me know if there are any errors. If your mark for Term 1 is below 50%, see me for your I Report.
1. Hand in any homework and/or worksheets you did for Unit IV which shows what you have learned in the chapter.
2. Unit IV Test.
3. Do: Activity: “A Mole of Pennies”. If we had a mole of pennies, how heavy would it be? If we had a mole of pennies, how far into space would it reach?
4. Read and highlight Section 3.2 from BC Chem11 Workbook (an alternative resource): Handout: BC Science Chem 11 (Ch 3)
5. Read p.81-82 in your workbook and do Q # 8 and 9 (odd letters) and #10 (all).
Check your Term 1 mark so far and let me know if there are any errors. The Unit IV Test and Unit IV homework will be added to the list.
1. I will be able to identify Arrhenius, Bronsted-Lowry, and Lewis acids and bases.
2. Activity: What is the color of the indicator? (you can make a rainbow again!)
3. Do: Worksheet “Acids and Bases” 32 Acids and Bases-S
4. Begin reading and taking notes for sec. 16.1 and 16.2.
5. Do: Q# 1,3,7, 15-25 (odd numbers) in textbook
Check your Term 1 mark so far and let me know if there are any errors asap.
1. Keq Quiz and do corrections
2. Finish Keq questions. Look at sample Provincial Exam questions. Finish all the practice questions in your Workbook!
Keq Test next class.
1. Go over the Keq test and do corrections/reflection.
2. Do: Equilibrium #5 Worksheet and hand in next class.
1. Quiz #2 on Writing and Naming Compounds
2. I will be able to compare the relative mass of different objects.
I will be able to calculate the atomic and molar mass of an element or compound.
3. Activity: Weigh objects and compare their relative masses
4. Read sections V.1 and V.2
5. Do: Questions #1-7
Unit IV test next class. Hand in Unit IV homework from the Workbook and/or Worksheets next class.
1. Hand in Ch15 Notes and Ch15 Review Worksheet with corrections/reflection.
2. Keq Test
3. Hand in any assignments for Term 1 by Nov.20!
1. Writing and Naming Compounds (Quiz)
2. Practice! Practice! Practice! Finish Writing and Naming Compounds Worksheet and Workbook Questions.
3. I will be able to calculate the molar mass of an element or compound.
4. Read Section V.1 and V.2.
5. Do: Questions #1-7
1. Finish the Keq Sample Problems.
2. Do: Finish Keq Questions in your workbook #47-65. Try the even #s this time!
3. Keq Quiz next class.
4. Keq Test next week.
1. Fizz Quiz (practice quiz) on writing and naming ionic compounds.
2. I will be able to write and name ionic compounds that have polyatomic ions.
I Will be able to write and name covalent compounds.
I will be able to write and name acids.
I will be able to write and name hydrated compounds.
3. In-class Worksheet: 18 Naming Molecular Compounds-S
4. Practice Worksheet: Chemical Nomenclature Worksheet #4
5. Answer key (sorry, it didn’t scan well. You can see the original in the classroom and mark your answers there) Chemical Nomenclature Worksheet #4 Answer Key
6. Writing and Naming Compounds Quiz -Thurs/Fri (for Term 1)
7. Unit IV Test – Wed/Thurs Nov. 26/27 (for Term 2)