1. Boo Bubbles!
2. Rainbow Lab Prep
Using the information for the 5 stations, choose which stations you will test (you don’t need to test all 5) and be able to identify what caused the stress, collision theory, rate changes, equilibrium shift, and color you should observe.
1. Demo: large ladle and small soup spoon equilibria. Even though they end up with different amounts of water, they will transfer water at the same rate when they reach equilibrium
2. Go over Equilibrium #1 Worksheet
3. I will be able to use Le Chatelier’s Principle to predict and explain equilibrium shifts
Try looking at these animations:
1. Demo: large ladle vs. soup spoon. At some point, they will be transferring water to each other’s container at the same rate.
2. In class worksheet: Equilibrium #1. Predict whether the reaction will not react, go to completion, or reach equilibrium using the factors of enthalpy and entropy.
3. I will be able to use Le Chatelier’s Principle to predict shifts in equilibrium.
4. Read section II.4. Do: Q#17-28 (choose 3-5 Q’s)
Next class, we will use Le Chatelier’s principle to help determine what to do in a lab activity.
1. Hand in your chapter 14 notes and chapter 14 review worksheet (with corrections and/or reflection).
2. Students wrote the chapter 14 test.
Next class: we will go over Equilibrium #1 Worksheet and look at Le Chatelier’s Principle.
1. I will be able to distinguish between physical and chemical changes.
2. Activity: mixing chemicals and determining whether the reaction has a physical or chemical change.
3. Continue column notes for Unit 3. Your goal is to finish to the end of section 3 for next class.
4. Do: Q# 3,5,12 for section 1; Q#13, 15, 17 for section 2, and Q# 33, 36, 39, 44 for section 3.
1. Any questions from chapter 14?
2. Ch 14 Test Outline: about 20-30 mc questions; written section will include rate law, mechanisms, energy in reactions
3. Begin reading ch15 sections 1-3. I will be able to identify and describe equilibrium systems.
1. More project presentations!
2. Hand in Quiz corrections and reflections (for both quizzes)
3. Finish Iodine Clock Challenge group write-ups.
4. Mark Ch14 Review Worksheet, do corrections and reflection. You will hand this and your chapter notes on test day. Chapter 14 Review Worksheet Answer Key
5. Ch14 test will be on Oct 27/28.