1. Finish locating lab safety equipment in the classroom.
2. Identify lab equipment in your lab stations using the checklist.
3. Do: What’s Wrong WS
4. Demo: Mg + HCl
5. In your lab group, decide which factor you will change and plan how you would test it. You will do the test next class.
6. Lab Safety Test next class! One section will be multiple choice questions based on common sense, one section you will have to label where lab safety equipment is located in our classroom, and the last section is a matching section where you match WHMIS symbols with their description.
1. Locate lab safety equipment in the classroom.
2. Do: What’s Wrong? WS and hand in next class.
3. Demo: Mg + HCl and determine what your lab group wants to test next class.
4. Start taking organized notes for section 14.1 and 14.2.
5. Do: Q#1,19,23 in text.
1. Hebden Workbooks have arrived! If you want your own copy, bring $25 or pay online and show me the receipt.
2. I will be able to identify lab equipment and safe lab procedures. Some good review questions are #2,4,6,6,9,13,16,18,20 in your Lab Safety Handout.
3. Students sorted through their lab equipment at their station and filled in the checklist.
4. Lab Safety Test next class.
5. I will be able to do unit conversions.Dimensional Analysis POGIL
6. Do: Unit Dimensional Analysis Activity Worksheet. You can start Unit D in your Review of Math and Science handout, otherwise we will continue with it next class.
1. If you want to purchase your own workbook, bring $25 or you can pay for it online. International students do not need to pay for it since it is already included in your fees.
2. Continue the Final Exam Review booklet from last class.
3. I will be able to locate safety equipment in the classroom, identify WHMIS symbols, and follow safe lab procedures. (handout is photocopied from the BC Chemistry 11 workbook from last year)
4. Lab Safety Test Thurs. next week.
1. Hand in ch13 Notes and Ch13 Review WS (with corrections/reflection)
2. Exchange white/blue textbooks for 12th Edition black textbooks.
3. Lab Safety – read the lab safety guidelines at the front of your Heath Lab Manual. Be able to recognize the 8 WHMIS symbols. Be able to locate lab safety equipment around the classroom.
4. Check the lab equipment in your stations.
5. Ch13 and PES small test Wed. next week.
1. If you want to purchase your own workbook, bring $25 asap or you can pay for it online and show me the receipt. International students do not need to pay for their workbook.
2. We went over the answers to Unit A.
3. I will be able to convert decimal numbers to scientific notation and vice versa (do questions 4-6 in Unit A)
4. Read the handout “Staying Safe Around Matter”. I will be able to locate safety equipment in the classroom, identify common lab equipment and what they are used for, and understand common sense lab safety guidelines. I will also be able to identify WHMIS symbols.
5. Lab Safety Test – Wed/Thurs next week.
1. Course Outline and Class Expectations CHEMISTRY 12 COURSE OUTLINE AND CLASS EXPECTATIONS 2013
2. If you want to purchase your own workbook to write in, bring $25 next class (Chemistry 12 a Workbook for Students by Hebden)
3. Final Exam Review of Chem11 Chemistry 11 Final Exam Review (Bainz), Final Exam Review Answers (Bainz)
Even though we have missed some classes, do not worry! We will get through all the material needed to prepare you for the AP Exam in May.
1. Exchange your blue/white textbook and solutions guide for the new black 12th edition.
2. How is PES and Colligative Properties related? Think: Attraction and Repulsion!!
3. Mark the ch13 Review WS. Do your corrections and hand in next class.ch13 Review Worksheet Answers – Solutions and Colligative Properties
4. Ch13 notes due next class.
5. Fizz Quiz and Fizzing Quiz – do for practice at home
2. Go over Course Outline and Class Expectations.CHEMISTRY 11 COURSE OUTLINE AND CLASS EXPECTATIONS Hebden edition
3. If you want to purchase your own workbook (to write in), bring $25 asap as we will put in the order this week. You can also see if you can borrow a copy from students who took Chem11 a few years ago.
4. Do: Review of Junior Math and Science Q1-3 (you can finish Unit A if you know how to do scientific notation).Review of Junior Chemistry Package