Hand in projects, Term 1 signed reports, and Science Fair Journals.
Any more presentations?
I will be able to describe quarks and leptons.
5. Go over worksheet answers on the Composition of the Atom
6. Do: Activity: Modelling the Atom using playdoh
Hand in signed Term 1 reports.
Last day of Show and Tell presentations!
Hand in your project write-ups.
Demo: How did J.J. Thomson discover the electron?
6. Finish the booklet “Composition of the Atom”
7. Hand in journals – I want to see what you have done so far.
Seating plan change
Show and Tell presentations for the Fluids, Forces, and Pressure Project (Day 2)
Reminder: project write ups due by Friday
5. Do: Finish Composition of the Atom worksheet for Friday
Show and Tell Projects
I will be able to explain how the model of the atom was developed.
3. Do: Worksheet (Topic 2.4 How Can We Investigate and Explain the Composition of Atoms?)
Did you hand in your Term 1 reflection?
Go over Experiments Quiz
I will be able to explain and apply Bernoulli’s Principle.
4. Activity: Making a piece of paper “lift” by blowing down on it.
5. Demo: how to make 2 balloons touch by blowing between them.
6. Finish ch8/9 project on Fluids, Forces, and Pressure.
7. Sign up for what example you want to share for “Show and Tell” next week.
Quiz on Designing Experiments.
Hand in “Drops of Water on a Penny” Lab.
Go over section 8.2 worksheet (fill in the blank and calculations)
5. Science Fair planning. In your journals, you should be able to answer:
Our question is:
We are going to change: (independent variable)
We are going to measure: (dependent variable)
Materials we need:
How we are going to test this:
Timeline and setting goals:
Library sessions debrief:
1st session: academic honesty, how to choose reputable resources
2nd session: how to use the online library resources and databases
3rd session: brainstorm and narrow down topic ideas. Start developing the experiment.
Topics and experiments developed by Goal Day, Nov. 21
If you haven’t had your experiment approved by Goal Day, you need to come in on Goal Day between 8:30-10am.
2. Finish calculating the slope of your graph and interpolating/extrapolating the data points from your graph. See the sample graph we made in class:
Graphing and slope
3. Do: Worksheet for section 8.1
4. Do: Develop your project ideas for Science Fair