- Finish Ice Age: Continental Drift
- If time, we will do a scavenger hunt!
- Today, students filled in their Term 3 and Year End Work Habits reflections and Core Competency reflections.
- Movie: Ice Age – Continental Drift part 1. We will finish the movie next class.
- Finish building your towers and test them! Use the scoring guideline to see how many points your team would score. Modify your tower and see if you can score some extra points.
- Did you hand in your Unit 4 Worksheets and textbook pages?
- Earthquake Tower Challenge! We will continue the building of the models next class.
- Hand in Unit 4 textbook sections and Unit 4 worksheets.
- Today, students wrote the Unit 4 test on Earth Science.
- If you are missing any assignments or have an “I” (Incomplete) standing for any of the units we covered this year, make sure you come after school to see me and complete those units.
2. Go over any questions from section 4.4 you had troubles with.
3. Make cue card study cards for the test on Thursday.
4. Unit 4 Test Outline: the major topics for each section are: 4.1 Continental Drift; 4.2 Plate Tectonics; 4.3 Earthquakes and Volcanoes; 4.4 BC’s Geological Features and Earthquake/Disaster Preparedness. The test format is: 40 multiple choice questions. The written section will focus on questions about earthquake/disaster preparedness.
2. I will be able to identify geological processes in and around BC.
3. I will be able to explain what items would be needed in an emergency kit, be able to assemble one at home, and come up with an emergency plan.
4. Read section 4.4 and do the worksheet questions for section 4.4.
5. Next class: review of Unit 4
6. Unit 4 test on Earth Science on Thurs. June 6.
- Go over sec4.3 HW questions on Earthquakes.
- We looked at pictures of the ring of fire and watched some videos:
3. I will be able to explain how volcanoes form. I will be able to explain what happens when oceanic and continental crusts collide and when continental-continental crusts collide.
4. Read the rest of section 4.3 and do p.165-167 on Volcanoes.
If you have lost or forgotten your worksheet pages for the Earth Science Unit, you can see/print them here: Earth Science worksheet pages
- Review of Plate Tectonics
- Go over section 4.2 Worksheet questions.
- I will be able to explain how earthquakes form and explain how/why earthquakes are so common where we live in BC.
5. Read section 4.3 and do pages in the section 4.3 worksheets on Earthquakes, pages 163-164.