- Did you hand in your lab safety worksheet and map?
- Bring in a folder to hold your tests, labs, etc….
- Finish Worksheets: “Rates of Reactions” and “Method of Initial Rates”
- Class discussion of the worksheets
- Read sections 14.1-14.4 and begin taking notes for the chapter.
- See the college board website released multiple choice sections:
They have released 1999 and 1994 as sample tests. These are no longer the format for the test (since about 2013). There are currently more question clusters and diagrams to interpret in the multiple choice section.
2. 2012 practice exam:
3. a modified 2014 exam:
4. a modified 2015 exam:
- “Velvet Cupcake” recipe: Velvet Cupcake Recipe (1)
- “Velvet Cupcake” recipe evaluation: Velvet Cupcake Recipe (2)
has a nice summary. I think the exam outline at the end is for the older AP exam.
b) things that have been excluded from previous (pre-2013) exams:
c) fewer calculations? which ones?
d) things we may have learned but will not be on the AP exam:
e) exam instructions:
1. Instructions: Chem 11H Summer Assignment 2016
2. If you want to access an online version of our textbook (it’s not the same edition, but close enough!), see: http://faculty.srhs.net/boxall/APChem/APChem.html
If you are typing the site address instead of clicking on the link, make sure you capitalize the A, the P and the C in “APChem”! Otherwise, it won’t work and you’ll get a 404 error. The username and password are given for the 10th Edition of Brown and LeMay’s Chemistry the Central Science.
3. Chapter 13 documents:
chapter 13 – Colligative Properties
ch13 and ch21 review worksheet questions (you only need to do the questions for ch13, not ch21 as ch21 is not part of the new AP curriculum)
5. Review of Chem11H:
Chem11H Sectional Tests 1-3 for ch1-13
Chemistry the Central Science textbook (ebook):
AP Chemistry Course home page (College Board):
exam information from the College Board: http://apcentral.collegeboard.com/apc/public/courses/teachers_corner/2119.html?excmpid=MTG243-PR-22-cd
previous College Board AP exams: http://apcentral.collegeboard.com/apc/public/exam/exam_information/221837.html
exam tips: https://apstudent.collegeboard.org/apcourse/ap-chemistry/exam-tips
Lab cookies: Lab cookies
Exam tips – What to Avoid: Exam Tips – what to avoid
For more practice exams:
Before you start studying, you can take a diagnostic exam which helps you identify areas you need to review/study.